How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7319
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Tony Tax. I've just received my HMRC Self Assessment Statement

Customer Question

Hi Tony Tax. I've just received my HMRC Self Assessment Statement and for the previous three tax years I owed nothing the 14/15 tax year I was self-employed from April until mid August when I became employed and the tax owing is £563.80. I've checked the copy of my tax return and that amount has been entered in the tax calculation summary but I really don't know how it worked out that calculation.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. If you let me have the following information, I'll check the tax figure: 1 Your gross pay and tax deducted in 2014/15. Your P60 will give you these figures. 2 The profit you made when you were self-employed in 2014/15. 3 Any other income details you disclosed in your 2014/15 tax return.