TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Sirs, Nat.ins No ZK384323C Tax Ref. 503/W40774 In February

Customer Question

Sirs,
Nat.ins No ZK384323C Tax Ref. 503/W40774
In February I received from you a Tax Code for the year 2015-16 showing the amount which James Hay Pension Trustees Ltd SIPPS are taxing me.
Do I have to complete a tax form this year?
Many Thanks
John Dover
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloMost taxpayers in the UK are taxed at source and so do not need to complete a Self Assessment Tax Return. ‘Taxed at source’ means that the money you receive has already had tax taken off, such as the wages you get from your employer when paid under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.HMRC would send you a notice to file a tax return, either by post or electronically if you were required to file.You might need to tell HMRC if you find out your tax code is wrong.The tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year.If HMRC have corrected your tax code and you’re due a refund, your employer will give you a refund in your pay.