TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I have invoices dated 9th October with VAT added and shown

I have invoices dated 9th October with VAT added and shown on invoices
No company registration or VAT numbers where shown, when I questioned the company they reissued with company reg no(15th Dec) and said they were waiting for VAT no to be issued (in the post)
Due to my persistence today they have now reissued invoices with the info below on email - I'm confused as I thought you could only charge VAT from the date of registration and VAT certificate will show ‘effective date of registration’
Can you please advise
Angela Agnew
Hi Angela
Please see the attached invoice with inclusive amounts (apologies for providing you breakdown invoice).
Please note: We are in process of VAT registration but have not yet received our VAT registration number.
The above amounts include VAT at the current rate. If you would like us to re-issue this invoice after we have received our VAT registration number so that you can see the full VAT breakdown, please let us know.
Please feel free clarify this with Mr Naqash Ahmed from Tax Assist Accountants & Tax Advisors on 07966 963 635.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. See section 4 here and under the heading "While you wait" here. The notes outline the process which should be followed by a company which is in the process of registering for VAT. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.