taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I have received a bonus related to the sale price of a company.

Customer Question

I have received a bonus related to the sale price of a company. i.e the company was sold and my bonus was based on the sale price.
Is there any way that this can be treated as capital gains or utilise entrepreneurs relief , as opposed to normal income tax ?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question...A bonus, fee or commission is treated as income for tax purposes.This bonus related to the sale price of a company would be taxable under normal income tax rules, I'm afraid.I am sorry if this may not be the answer you were hoping for. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.