taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

If I earn some income in Dubai,and withdraw it and spend it

If I earn some income in Dubai,and withdraw it and spend it in Dubai. Dubai is tax free,
Am I liable to uk tax ?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Are you working in Dubai under an employment?Would you be out of the UK for a complete tax year i.e 6 Apr 2015-5 Apr 2016? Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I work and I am a resident in uk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you replying ?
Thank you for your reply. If you are UK resident for tax purposes, you pay UK tax on your worldwide income and gains arising in a tax year.Any income in Dubai should be declared in your tax return and it would be subject to UK tax, I'm afraid. I hope this is helpful and answers your question. If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one final question
Does this apply even though there is no income tax in Dubai,and I will not bring the money back to uk ?
thanks.
Thank you for your reply.I know there is no taxation in Dubai. If there was tax paid, you claim foreign tax credit relief against tax paid.It does not matter that this income is not remitted to the UK.I hope this is helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Thank you for your reply.If you are happy and there are no more issues I will appreciate if you would kindly rate my service/accept the service I have provided to ensure I get credited for it by Just Answer.