TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I have an online business that I am about to introduce to the

I have an online business that I am about to introduce to the u s a how do they calculate there tax there
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou would have no tax obligation in the US but a US company would be required to obtain a Form W8 BEN E from your UK company. This document would show that you are not present in the US. Your profits are taxable in the UK not in the US. As long as the foreign service provider is performing all of the services outside of the U.S., there is no withholding requirement for the domestic U.S. payor.If the foreign service provider performs any of its service in the US, then the US payor is potentially required on the payment and to issue a Form 1042S to the foreign service provider reporting the gross payment and any amounts withheld for US tax purposes. In the case where all of the services are provided outside of the US by the foreign individual then the U.S. payor does not have any obligation to withhold. You may wish to look at the following linkhttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/301336/Tax_Considerations_UK_Technology_Companies.pdfThe above is a good resource for you to keep on hand.
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience: International tax
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Your line is busy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why has no body phoned me yet
I called your number and it was busy...I even left my contact number where it says enter contact info
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all resolved the problem was I missed the call but a very good system
Thank you for your reply.
I am glad we were able to speak and matter resolved.
Best wishes