bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Im in the middle of a mortgage application. I need to provide

Customer Question

Im in the middle of a mortgage application. I need to provide SA302's for the previous three tax years.
I have 2014-15, but i dont understand if HMRC can provide the years 12-13 & 13-14, in the format the mortgage lender requires, ( they were part of a tax disclosure) they have issued me tax calculations and overviews for those years, but the mortgage broker thinks these will not be acceptable, where do i go from here!?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Accounting Web has the following advice: 'Accountants have long complained that getting a paper copy of HMRC's SA302 form (a summary of a tax year, including earnings) was a hassle and could take up to 14 working days.AccountingWEB members recently said they had been told that the procedure had been improved.' This is indeed the case, but you will have to go back to HMRC [your tax office] to obtain copies. With respect you should have kept them. My tax files go back to when I started work in 1961 and very useful that has been in putting the taxman back in his box from time to time! I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.