TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Is there a good software package available to keep track

Customer Question

Is there a good software package available to keep track of my share transactions with regard to CGT, Im a private individual with about 50 to 75 share purchases and sales in the year. Some are same day and some are section 104.
Stuart
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. This site won't allow me to recommend an individual product I'm afraid. The best one I know is only available to businesses such as accountants, not private individuals and is expensive. However, if you google "share portfolio cgt software" you will find several which allow you to set up a portfolio from a point in time, usually the start of the tax year, enter transactions and to keep track of CGT base costs and calculate gains and losses. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already done the Google search and identified a number of options, most of which require a monthly subscription. What I was looking for was some specific advice on a package suitable for a private investor with a small(ish) number of trades per year, at a very low or zero cost.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
As I said, I cannot recommend any package because I'm not allowed to do so. Since you wanted "specific" advice and I am not allowed to do that you cannot be expected to pay for my answer so you can simply leave the question and ask for a refund of your deposit.