taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

If I become a tax resident of Cyprus and receive UK dividends

Customer Question

If I become a tax resident of Cyprus and receive UK dividends and other foreign dividends would these dividends received there be taxed in any way in the UK? Will your answer be different if i return to the UK and take tax residency after 2 years?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.If you receive dividends in Cyprus as a tax resident of Cyprus from UK based and other Foreign companies, these dividends will not be taxed in the UK provided you are non-resident in the UK.How dividends will be taxed in the UK is changing from 6 Apr 2016 and more information on this can be found herehttp://www.rossmartin.co.uk/directors/tax-efficient-remuneration/1591-summer-budget-2015-dividend-taxOnce you return to the UK and become a UK resident, then you would be taxed on worldwide income including dividends. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.