taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Filing accounts with companies house. My accounts are due tomorrow

filing accounts with companies house. My accounts are due tomorrow and I have filed them every year as a small business. I am trying to fill the form in online but it keeps saying that my shareholders' funds must be equal to the total net assets (liabilities). I have a copy of my accounts that I submitted last year and it won't even agree the figures for the previous year . I am a bit stumped and running out of time!
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to assist you with your question. Companies House will still accept hard copy accounts in A4 format, so a quick trip to the pillar box with a first class stamp will suffice. A tip; when you make your Corporation Tax (CT) Return there is an option for abbreviated accounts to be extracted for Companies House (CH). I always use it and that is another chore out of the way. If you have already filed for CT then just go into that package and work through again, you will find the figures there already, but opting for the CH extract option. Whenever using this package on line it is essential that your Profit and Loss Account figures correspond with your Balance Sheet amd that the latter balances also. If they do not you will not gat anywhere with on line filing.
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
I am another tax expert here. Sending a set of accounts by post is not the answer if the accounts and balance sheet don't balance. If you can send me images of your accounts I will review them for you and we will make them balance. I have helped many customers here with filing accounts at Companies House and the Tax office. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I am not sure that just sending paper copies will help me to be honest. I need to know why I can't post my figures online. I am happy to send you a copy of both year's accounts as you suggested. I did try to attach the files to my questions but am not sure if they are there!
Thank you for your prompt reply. ?Send them as pdf or word document. I have received files from other customers this way. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent thanks
The other expert appears to have left this thread, but as he seems so keen to participate I will opt out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. Not sure if the other adviser is helping or not now
I will review your accounts and revert to you shortly.
He is on line, but in any event I have opted out. I must say that your accounts appear to have been excessively detailed in their drafting for a small or medium sized company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks both! I am new to this so wasn't sure what was happening! Thank you
Thank you for your reply.I need to discuss with you the accounting treatment of share capital..It is incorrect as called up share capital is stated at nominal value..I will send you a draft for your consideration.I can offer you a phone call as additional service to clarify matters swiftly.Please let me know
Attached balance sheet for your consideration. I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’llbe happy to respond.
Experience: FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you . that is useful. I think A phone call would be very useful actually. thanks. I am trying to complete my submission online and am trying to work out what to put in box AC460. My box AC60 is showing as -37 so I think whatever I am putting in AS460 is making that happen! When is a good time to call?
Thank you for accepting my answer and offer.I am expecting a call around 11:00am and I suggest we talk around 11:30am. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm afraid I have to dash out suddenly and can't call. I have submitted my accounts and tax return which I could not have done without your help. Thank you so much. I will be in touch again no doubt (this time next year! but I will not leave it to the last minute!)
Thank you for your good words.Wishing you a Happy New Year. Best wishes