How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Your Own Question, Chartered Certified Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4995
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
Type Your Tax Question Here... is online now

I have a limited company in the UK if I as the sole director

Customer Question

I have a limited company in the UK
if I as the sole director took a dividend but was a resident of the Canary islands which country would Income tax be payable in and at what rate.
At present I am resident in the UK but have property in Tenerife so Canaries residency is a possibility for me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question...If you were a resident of the Canary Islands you would pay income tax to Spainish authorities on your worldwide income.Savings income including dividends are taxed as follows:First 6,000 Euros 20% to be reduced to 19% in 2016and the highest rate is 24% to be reduced to 23% in 2016More information on taxation in Spain is covered here dividends paid are taxed in the UK will change from 6 Apr 2016 and more information on this can be found here I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.