taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

We live permanently in France, we do not work here and do not

We live permanently in France, we do not work here and do not have any tax liabilities at all. We still maintain our UK Bank account and we would now like to invest some money into a Unit Trust in the UK. We realise that we would be liable for UK tax, is there any other "hurdles" we should consider?
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to the site. Thank you for your question.There are no other tax hurdles that you need to consider viz a viz UK taxation relating to investment in Unit Trust.As you are not UK resident you could not invest in ISAs as they are available to UK residents only.General information on investment and tax can be found herehttp://www.pru.co.uk/investments/guide/taxation/I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your reply. Would you know if there would be a problem with French IRS, even though we simply live here and do not receive any money into France.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive the question above?
Thank you for your reply.I will be honest and say I am not an expert on taxation in France.I would presume any income you receive worldwide whilst living in France as a resident would be subject to French tax.I hope this is helpful and answers your question.
I thank you for accepting my answer.
Best wishes.