TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Married couples allowance to claim do the married couple have

married couples allowance to claim do the married couple have to actually live together
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloYes the couple must live together. According to HMRC:You can claim Married Couple’s Allowance if all the following apply:you’re married or in a civil partnershipyou’re living with your spouse or civil partnerone of you was born before 6 April 1935If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for my time.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!