TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Married couples allowance to claim do the married couple have

married couples allowance to claim do the married couple have to actually live together
HelloYes the couple must live together. According to HMRC:You can claim Married Couple’s Allowance if all the following apply:you’re married or in a civil partnershipyou’re living with your spouse or civil partnerone of you was born before 6 April 1935If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for my time.
Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!