TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

Thanks Robin, I think you may have mis-understood my

Thanks Robin,
I think you may have mis-understood my question.
I don't want to charge an additional fee in addition to the insurers premium. Some brokers are waiving all their commission which would be due from the Insurer, and instead, they are charging their clients a fee. By doing this, the policyholder pays less IPT because the broker has removed their commission from the total premium.This is not normal practice and I understand could conflict with HMRC. Please advise
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
The fee is seen as part of the price.That is the way I am interpreting it. The commission is not really waved at all as the policy holder is expected to pay "a fee".I think it is a conflict and I believe it was be seen as tax avoidance.