bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I am a resident non-dom. I'd like to know whether an

Customer Question

Hello, I am a resident non-dom. I'd like to know whether an airline ticket with British Airways from Zurich to Singapore, transiting through London, constitutes a remittance if paid for with foreign funds. I would not leave the airport at Heathrow, just transit a few hours.
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. It does not constitute a remittance providing you do not land ie leave the 'air side' of the airport. You are effectively 'in bond,' to use a Customs term usually applied to goods, for your short stopover. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith, thanks for your answer, which is good news. Just to be sure: using British Airways then does not mean that because it is a service provided by a UK company it is therefore taxable even if I do not "enter" the UK? I want to be sure because I have read that paying with foreign income for services provided by UK companies would constitute a remittance.
Providing you do not 'land,' ie clear Customs and Immigration, you will not enter the UK. As far as I am aware the airline is not charged airport duties on transit passengers either!
Thank you for your support.