taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

Married womans tax free earnings 2002 -2015

married womans tax free earnings 2002 -2015
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Please clarify for meDo you wish to know what the personal allowances are tax years 2011-12 to 2014-15. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes For Married Women
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or the amount they could earn be four tax in those years
Thank you for your reply.In the UK husbands and wives are taxed separately known as Independent taxation since 1990-91.Tax free allowances for each of the past 4-5 tax years is covered herehttp://www.rossmartin.co.uk/tax-guides/117-tax-rates-and-allowances I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
The tax free amount for each tax year is shown below:2011-12 £7,4752012-13 £8,1052013-14 £9,4402014-15 £10,0002015-16 £10,600 I hope this is helpful
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I really want to know has i am about to make a unpaid tax disclosure. Can a wife's, unused tax allowance over years, be set against, a joint income.To reduce or clear a small yearly income making it tax free or minimum liability .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my recent email sun 3-1-16 about 12-30
Thank you for your reply.First of all I have not received your email of about 12:30pm. In response to your posting about making disclosure of unpaid taxes - unfortunately, you can't use your wife's tax allowance over years to be set off against joint income unless this income was earned jointly, e.g- interest on joint savings accounts- profit from property income- dividends paid on shares held in joint namesIf you had a business as sole trader, you could pay your wife for secretarial and admin support and mitigate your personal tax, provided this payment is wholly and exclusively for your business.Furthermore, if her earnings were below the threshold for Nat Ins then you would not have to operate a PAYE system. In this case, she should report these earnings to HMRC nothwthstanding the fact there is no tax liability.I am sorry if this may not be the news you were expecting.I hope this is helpful and answers your question.