TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I received a letter from Concentrix about checks on

Hello. I received a letter from Concentrix about checks on my childcare costs. I have all the information they need so that's not an issue but I just looked at the letter and the evidence is due TOMORROW! (4th jan 2015) I misread the date. I am going to call them at 8 am but meanwhile Can they stop my tax credits? Many Thanks.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I know a few tax credit claimants who have had a letter similar to yours. They are sent out as there have been numerous cases of fraud so random checks are made. I don't know what evidence you have but if I were you, I'd call them at 8am Monday as you say you will, tell them you misread the date and that you will post it straight away. If you have access to a scanner you might offer to scan the evidence and emails it to Concentrix or if you have access to a fax machine (some local shops and libraries offer a fax service) you might offer to fax it. When you make the call, ask for the name of the individual you speak to and make a note of the call. I doubt that your tax credits will be stopped straight away and would expect Concentrix to send you a reminder. I have to say that claimants experience of dealing with commercial firms on tax credits is missed from what I have read on the subject in the past and much depends on the mood of the person you speak to. All you can do is try to maintain your cool and apologise for your mis-reading of the letter. If I were you, I'd keep a copy of everything you send to Concentrix and send it "next day delivery signed for". I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That s very helpful. I do have everything they need as all my info is up to date and correct. I can also email it if necessary. So you think they would issue a reminder?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
I would expect a second letter. That's what HMRC do in enquiry cases and Concentrix are working for HMRC effectlively. You should be able avert any problems by calling them tomorrow so they are aware of what is going on. It's those who ignore such letters completely who will have problems.
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience: Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.