How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15731
Experience:  International tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now

I am a UK Tax payer. Redifine is a non UK Reits company.( Shares

Customer Question

I am a UK Tax payer. Redifine is a non UK Reits company.( Shares traded on UK exchange)
I know the PID part are taxed at source with a 20% witholding tax
But is the non PID part paid gross,,or with a 10% tax credit like normal UK shares
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe non-PID element of dividends will be treated in exactly the same way as dividends received from non-REIT companies.Dividends paid by a UK-REIT that are out of their profits arising from other activities are treated in the same way as any other UK company dividend for tax purposes.They are paid with the 10% tax credit attached.You can read SAIM5330 - Dividends and other company distributions: UK Real Estate Investment Trusts: taxation of distributions for verification. Rating lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for my time.