TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I am filling in the capital gains tax section of my tax form.

I am filling in the capital gains tax section of my tax form. I have completed it all including the section capital gains worksheet. Do I have to either a) list all the costs of buying and selling separately (there is only space on the form for the total cost of buying and separately for the total cost of selling - if so where does this information go on the form) or b) attach a separate sheet with a breakdown of the various costs of buying and selling.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou will be able to attach your own computation or include it in additional information at the end of the Capital Gains section. The summary pages can be used or you can attach a valid listing of your activity.Fill in the ‘Capital gains summary’ pages and attach your computations if:• you sold or disposed of chargeable assets which were worth more than £44,000• your chargeable gains before taking off any losses were more than £11,000• you want to claim an allowable capital loss or make a capital gains claim or election for the year• you were not domiciled in the UK and are claiming to pay tax on your foreign gains on the remittance basis• you are chargeable on the remittance basis and have remitted foreign chargeable gains of an earlier year https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/454496/sa150-notes_2015.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I haven't had time to go back to my tax form. I will do it tomorrow and do the rating in the am.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.