TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I am a student. I am not doing any job in UK and I am financed

Customer Question

I am a student. I am not doing any job in UK and I am financed by family who live abroad do I have to pay tax in UK
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. If your family members are simply giving you gifts of money to live on for which you aren't required to work, then you are not required to pay UK tax. However, you should keep a record of the receipts and who paid those sums so that if you are asked you can prove where the money came from. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just checking in to find out if you need further advice or clarification.