Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am doing a cashflow statement and a bit stuck ! should the cash balance equal the to

Customer Question

Hi I am doing a cashflow statement and a bit stuck !
should the cash balance equal the total cash balance on the balance sheet or can it be different.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi It can be different if you had capital allowance of annual in vestment allowance purchases, or had private sue of some of the outgoings - these are just a couple of suggestions but many reasons could arise Do you have stock on hand thats a common one Thanks Sam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we have huge capex and also 17m stock on hand
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
And how much are the figures out by? (Whats carpex?) Thanks Sam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a few thousand pounds...
capital expenditure is what i referred to as capex
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi Then you will have to just go through and identify what the differing figure relates to as I have advised the most common reasons none of which seem to apply - and you do not seem to indicate a private adjustment for own usage -The other common one is Employer Class 1 National Insurance on salaries - figure brought forward from the previos accounting period as cash flow balance ? Thanks Sam