TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

I pay tax by paye. my car broke down so i drew two thousand

Customer Question

i pay tax by paye. my car broke down so i drew two thousand eight hundred and sixty five pounds that i had with liverpool victoria for funeral expensies to buy a new car i was told i must let the tax man know ?. what do ido now ?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou’ll need to send a tax return if, in the last tax year you got £2,500 or more in untaxed income. Once you’ve registered, you can send your tax return using HM Revenue and Customs’ (HMRC) free Self Assessment online service.It can take 20 working days (this is usually 4 weeks) to complete the registration process.Fill in form SA1 to tell HMRC that you need to send a tax return.You can use the link below to registerhttps://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/SA1