How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7323
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Sam is online now

Want to sell a but to let house the house is in my sole name

Customer Question

want to sell a but to let house the house is in my sole name at the moment if i get married and put my partner ion the title deeds on the house i know it will reduce my capatial gains tax bill but not sure by how much. also is there a time limit that if we get married and we are both on the title deeds will hmrc require a time limit before we can claim for both allowances.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I will ask a few questions first to learn how straightforward or complicated this might be and, depending on the answers you give, I may have to ask for more information. Has the property ever been your main home? If so, for how long out of the total period of ownership was it your main home? Does your partner own their own home?