TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Having completed and filed 2015 on line I was surprised that

Having completed and filed 2015 on line I was surprised that the tax calculation due ( a figure that I was able to reconcile) did not add in a half year payment on a/c of 2016. I assume I should simply add this myself at50% of 2015 but remain mystified as to why HMRC's web site does not automatically do the same.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. It may be that you don't have to make payments on account for 2015/16. Take a look here for the payments on account criteria. If you submitted the return to HMRC at least 48 hours ago, you should be able to login to your tax account and then select tax years and the tax year 2015/16 and that will show you if you have payments on account to make. The SA302 does not show payments on account you have made for 2014/15 so you need to be aware of that. i hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.