TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

I paid 2009 on a/c during tax year 14/15. How do I show

I paid 2009 on a/c during tax year 14/15.
How do I show this credit on self assessment return in addition to tax shown on P60
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. You don't. Assuming that you are completing your tax return using the HMRC site, you simply do just that. The SA302 tax calculation that you can print will not show the payments on account so you have to deduct them manually from the bot***** *****ne tax figure. Around two days after you have submitted your return, you will be able to login and see your tax account which will take account of the payments on account and either leave you with further tax to pay or a tax repayment. You will get credit for the POAs you made, you can be sure of that. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.