Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am just doing my tax return self assessment 2014/2015

hi I am just doing my tax return self assessment 2014/2015 and work not only in UK but in The Netherlands to. I would like to know if the payments I received from NL that are paid in to my uk bank in sterling are classed as foreign income.
I am a contractor in the building industry.
Hope thats enough info.
***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi
sent question yesterday and still no answer
john
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I have moved this to the correct category and hopefully you will have a response quickly there.
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
HiJohn
Thanks for your question - I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts here on Just Answer.
Can you advise when this work abroad began - and have you had any visits back to the UK since this job began - do you have family, a home to come back to and finally how long this job abroad is set to last.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sam I work on and off as they need me and return to work in UK. Tends to be about 3 weeks or so then at least a week back home.
Total time span of contract Is usually 7-9 months. I live in UK am UK self-employed run English car and so on.
Hope enough info
***** *****
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi John
Thanks for your response
Then all the income is liable to UK tax s- declare it all as
1) You have not left the UK to live and work abroad - you merely work and then return to your home after 3 weeks - so continue to be a UK resident
2) This does not span at this time for at least a full tax year - and the time you spent in the Uk would seem to be more than 90 days -
So yes this would be foreign income IF you are paid from abroad - and declare on the foreign income part of the self assessment tax return AND also on the self employment page
IF you remain paid from the Uk then all just is declared on the self employment page and of course in both instances any tax suffered through CIS is also claimed
Sam, Accountant
Experience: 26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax