Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

In England are the legal and property search costs associated

Customer Question

In England are the legal and property search costs associated with the purchase of a buy to rent property tax deductible against the rental unearned income
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for your question I am Sam and I am one of the UK tax experts (and previously worked for HMRC and not have my own accountancy business) No they are not allowable against the rental income but will be allowable against the future capital gain )as will be the selling costs and any capital improvements) Let me know if I can assist further ThanksSam
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Can I assist furtehr ? If not please could you rate the level of service (click accept) for me as this ensures that Just Answer credit me for my time