bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been in Saudi Arabia working 3 years . I

Customer Question

I have been in Saudi Arabia working for nearly 3 years . I have returned to do some training in the uk and I will exceed my 90 days - I intend to expatriate in the next tax year- will I be liable for tax on my previous years income - I will exceed my 90 days by 30 days so I was looked to avoid holiday img for an additional 30 days - please can you advise .
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. The 90 day rule can be averaged over four tax years. So have a look at previous or future tax year's visits and see if you are covered by this concession. There is no exemption or added on time for attending a training course. I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.
Thank you for your support.
It is always worth asking HMRC if there can be any extension to the 91 day rule for training courses. There used to be before the new Statutory Residence Tests were introduced which brought in the 91 day caper.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Delighted to have been of assistance.