Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Do I add tax deducted and NI when filling in tax deduxted on

Customer Question

do I add tax deducted and NI when filling in tax deduxted on self assessment
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.
Hi Thanks for your question Could you advise what the gross pay was and what deductions were made and whether this was employment. self employment OR Subcontractor or contractor in the Construction Industry scheme I can then advise you further Thanks Sam
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this is full employment. In filling in self assessment, I am asked to put in tax deducted.
I am using my P60.
Do I count tax decuted and NI contribution on the P60 as tax deducted, or just the tax number
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.
Hi Thanks for your response So fill in the employment section Name of employer and Reference number (which you place when sel;ecting the empoyment page with the online version or fill in if filling in the paper version)You put the gross Pay (before ALLdeductions) which is shown on the P60 (so just lift that figure off as it is) and just the tax deducted (as shown on the P60 so just lift is off as it is) you do NOT include the National Insurance deductions as these are overseen by the National Contributions office and taken from a copy of the P60 (Called P14) and have nothing to do with the self assessment tax return. Let me know if I can assist further buy it would be appreciated if you could rate me for the level of servive I have provided, and of course you can continue to ask any follow up questions on this topic. Thanks Sam
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.
Hi You are very welcome Thanks Sam
Expert:  Sam replied 10 months ago.
Could I trouble you to rate the level of service I have provided (or click accept) s this ensures I am credited for the assistance I have given you
Thankss