Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am thinking of selling one of my rental properties if o move

Customer Question

i am thinking of selling one of my rental properties if o move in to it can i get any tax relief
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question
You would get tax relief for the time you lived there AND private lettings relief
However note that all aspects of your life must also go with you and then the property you will move from (which I assume you own) must either be put up for sale or let out - or HMRC will consider this move to be just to evade capital gains, and not treat it as a genuine arrangement -
And as you will only get x months that you live them/ total period of ownership x gain (and the lettings relief would be the same figure) this will cost you possibly more in moving costs - so unless a long term plan - probably not worth it.
Let me know if you wish me to expand any furtehr - or if you have any further questions on this topic
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Did you require any further assistance? If you have all you need, then it would be appreciated if you could rate the level of service I have provided (or click accept) as this ensures Just Answer credit me for my time