bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

There please could you help I am completing my corporation tax return just now I have m

Customer Question

hi there please could you help I am completing my corporation tax return just now I have made it past most steps but now I am stuck on profit & loss account just before approve accounts i keep getting
The current period total must tally with the profit and loss account value in the balance sheet. Check your answer(s) and amend where necessary.
please help it is driving me mad
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and happy to try to help you with your question.
Personally I detest the CT600 on line filing system. In the old days of paper filing you were pushed if it took five minutes, now it takes at least half an hour!
As you realise the on line return consists of a balance sheet and a profit and loss account. It is absolutely essential that these two items are fully locked up before you even attempt to use the on line system. In any field where the numbers should be the same they must correspond or you will receive the message you are getting. It is fatally easy to get this wrong, I know it shouldn't, but it happens. I used to get this message of old, but these days by taking extreme care I get my entries through first thump. Constant vigilance must be exercised in this matter.
An additional point, the on line CT600 system has an option to extract abbreviated accounts for Companies House. I always avail myself of this as it saves all the palaver of a separate return.
I do hope that I have been able to shed some light on your problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again i am still no further forward
Would you be able to look at my entries i am pretty sure it is simple to fix but i do not understand which entry is at fault
If you enter them my colleague will be delighted to help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you i will enter them very soon