Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am well aware of the basic expenses one can claim against

Customer Question

I am well aware of the basic expenses one can claim against capital gains - the issue is whether I could get any reliefs in selling a paddock 0ver0.5 hectares from a property where the paddock was incidental and was over 1.5 hectares in total
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for your question You could get a % of the costs to buy and then of course all the costs to sell initially - but what was the land sold for and did you better the paddock or land in any way that make the sale value higher than it would have been?Was the paddock used for personal or business uses? Thanks Sam