TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Dear all, My name is***** am coming

Dear all,
My name is***** am coming from Greece, and I am working and living in Norwich.
For 2015, I have to declare to HRMC, an apartment I own in Athens Greece.
Additional the Greek tax office, requires to fill in a document! and stamp it with Siegen-stamp from HRMC !
Is it possible to assist me and support me with these requests?
Best regards
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Do you have any idea what a Siegen stamp is? Is it possible for you to upload the document and give me a brief translation. Is it possible that the Greek tax office want HMRC to confirm that you are a tax resident of the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for the reply.It is the official stamp of the European Union, that verifies that the document is ok, and can be provided only from officials.Please also see attached document(sorry for the greek notes!). Document is both in greek and english. Greek tax office requires to be fill in, stamped and then i can send it to greece!thanksbest regards
ioannis
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Let me take a look and I'll get back to you.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
As I suspected, the Greek tax people want a certificate of UK tax residence. Rather than send the letter you have to HMRC which they might lose, complete and submit the online application/email here: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/PT_CertOfRes When you receive the letter from HMRC, you can attach it to your letter from the Greek tax office and send it all to them. Make sure you keep copies of any documents you post. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tony,Thanks for your reply. The Greek tax office(!) wants also their document to be filled in and stamped with Schengen stamp. This is what they will approve! As it is specified in the document, the HRMC, needs to write down the money i earned for 2015 and what was the taxes i paid here.thanksbest regards
ioannis
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
HMRC probably won't do that even if you send the letter to them and ask you to do it. The UK isn't part of the Schengen agreement. They have a way of doing things and normally won't move from that. If you really want to press for the stamp and confirmation of income and tax paid, call HMRC on the number here and ask for a call back from an international tax specialist to find out what they will do. They may issue a P800 tax calculation for 2014/15 and for 2015/16 in the Summer of 2016 after the UK tax year has ended on 5 April 2016. That will show your income and tax paid.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up to find out if my answer helped or if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tony,I will send the online HRMC application you proposed last week.Then i need this to be stamped with Hague stamp, i think i have to send it to HRMC again.thanks
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Good luck. Would you mind rating my answer before you leave the site please.
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience: Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.