bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I run a Retreat and Conference Centre. I hope to install a

I run a Retreat and Conference Centre. I hope to install a new Energy Saving Boiler do I pay VAT on this?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Although energy saving products can attract a reduced rate of VAT [5%] this only applies as follows [source: Gov UK web site]: 'You pay a reduced rate of VAT (5%) when certain energy-saving products are installed in your home.' As these premises would appear not to be your home then the installation would be standard rated [20%]. The same source advises that: 'You pay the standard rate of VAT for:heating appliances or systems - unless you get an energy efficiency grantenergy efficient boilers'I am so sorry to have to rain on your parade.
Thank you for your support.