TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Consultant
Experience:  International tax
14155347

My situation is as follows; I am tax resident in Malta where

Customer Question

my situation is as follows;
I am tax resident in Malta where I have live. How much time can I spend in the U.K.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou’re automatically resident if either:you spent 183 or more days in the UK in the tax yearyour only home was in the UK - you must have owned, rented or lived in it for at least 91 days in total - and you spent at least 30 days there in the tax yearYou’re automatically non-resident if either:you spent fewer than 16 days in the UK (or 46 days if you haven’t been classed as UK resident for the 3 previous tax years)you work abroad full-time (averaging at least 35 hours a week) and spent fewer than 91 days in the UK, of which no more than 30 were spent workingIt depends on if you were resident in UK prior to Malta.Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
Please respond in this thread
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.