Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I recently responded to a newspaper advert about the new Marriage

Customer Question

I recently responded to a newspaper advert about the new Marriage Tax Allowance. I went on-line and filled in the form as directed. Shortly after I received a notification from my pension administrator (JLT) to the effect that my tax had GONE UP from£419 per month to £631 per month. I fear something has gone grossly wrong and further enquiry about the subject on line suggests the whole thing has been little short of a disaster!! Good job take up has been low or it would probably been even worse. HELP!!!!
David Mills.
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Do you have copies of the old and current tax codes to hand? If so, can you let me know what is in them in terms of allowances and deductions please. If not, can you tell me what your annual pension is before tax and of any other sources of income you have. Have your job or income circumstances changed in 2015/16 or 2014/15?