How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask bigduckontax Your Own Question
bigduckontax, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3825
Type Your Tax Question Here...
bigduckontax is online now

I'm interested in investing in a property Investment

Resolved Question:

Hello, I'm interested in investing in a property Investment company , I would like to know whether I will liable to pay tax In UK, since I am a Maltese citizen and as such I am liable to Withholding tax in Malta.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, obe of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Please advise me where you reside, then I can help you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Keith , thanks for your co-operation , I'm Maltese and reside in Malta. Do you want more info?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Any tax in the UK will be, under the Double Taxation Convention between the UK and Malta, be allowable as a tax credit against any liability in the other country on the same cash flow and vice versa. I think that settles your position.
bigduckontax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your excellent support. By the by, as an EEA citizen you are entitled to an UK personal allowance, currently 10.6K before your income us taxable.

Related Tax Questions