taxadvisor.uk, Chartered Certified Accountant
Experience:  FCCA - over 35 years experience as a qualified accountant (UK based Practitioner)
54961312

I LIVE IN THE UK I AM THINKING OF TAKING A JOB IN INDIA AND

I LIVE IN THE UK I AM THINKING OF TAKING A JOB IN INDIA AND WILL BE PAID IN RUPEES WILL I HAVE TO PAY UK TAX
Expert:  taxadvisor.uk replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question..Are you likely to spend more than a full tax year outside the UK with this job or is it a short term appointment? many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes probably live in india rest of life
Thank you for your reply.As it is your intention to take up employement in India and make that country your residence for the foreseeable future, you will only be taxed in the UK up to the date of departure in the tax year of move. You should complete a form P85 when you leave the UK so HMRC can update your residence status. There will be split year treatment in the tax year of departure. More information on this can be found on Page 51 of RDR3 herehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/458559/RDR3_govuk_hyperlink__updated_078500.pdf Any income that arises in the UK post your departure would still be subject to income tax in the UK but not any income in India whether paid in Rupees of any other currency.You can download form P85 herehttps://www.gov.uk/government/publications/income-tax-leaving-the-uk-getting-your-tax-right-p85 I hope this is helpful and answers your question.If you have any other questions, please ask me before you rate my service – I’ll be happy to respond.
I thank you for accepting my answer.Best wishes.