bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I have been paraplegic since 1956. I have always been tax

Customer Question

I have been paraplegic since 1956. I have always been tax exempt but one of the banks is insisting that I pay tax.
Could you please advice me?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I am intrigued, why do you thing paraplegics should not pay tax; I can find no guidance to that effect? I am also confused as to why your bank is involved at all save in the matter of tax on interest which can be quickly resolved by you serving that organisation with an HMRC Form R85. If they do deduct tax then you can reclaim if from HMRC at the year end on your annual self assessment tax return. I do hope that I have been able to show you a way forward in this matter.