bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm wanting to find out whether incharge VAT to a Dutch company

Customer Question

I'm wanting to find out whether incharge VAT to a Dutch company ? I work in Yorkshire and supply recruitment solutions to business'. Basically I supply HGV and Warehouse Drivers to companies. I currently supply a local business in Wakefield these staff. Their sister company is based in Holland and they pay the bills.
In essence , the Wakefield office uses the staff onsite at their premises, drivers and warehouse staff. These are booked by the Wakefield depot and their site manager. All the staff work from Wakefield. But ... Here's the but... It's the sister company who pay the bills in Holland.
Do I charge UK VAT on my invoices ?
Cheers Adrian
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Sales within the Eu are standard rated supplies. However, if you have the VAT or equivalent number of the Dutch company then the reverse charge system may be used. Under the reverse charge method you put VAT on your invoice and account for output tax in the usual way, but you immediately put the VAT as an input thus effectively making it zero rated. You make the appropriate EU entries in your quarterly return and HMRC will require you to make an additional return on an EU Sales List periodically. I do hope that I have helped resolve your problem.