Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

Tony, we wrote to HMRC letting them know our company was dormant ti

Customer Question

Hi Tony, we wrote to HMRC letting them know our company was dormant till July 2014. Shortly, after that date we received some income so I need to let them know which I want to do via the online system.
- Do you know if the online form will accept an August 2014 date as the date the company became active as it's more than 3 months ago?
- What the likely penalty, if any, is we'll incur for telling them late? (This was due to a misunderstanding as while we received some grant / external funding from that time we are only now starting to actually makes sales so we'd mistakenly thought we did not need to tell them until now.)
- Is there anything else we should do re: this i.e. can we just fill in form or do we need to contact HMRC? If so, what should we say?
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
I will opt out of this as I don't use the HMRC software for corporate tax returns.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola, I can wait but ideally need an answer tomorrow or the day after.The reply mentioned something about Tony having passed on the message to a colleague. Is that you or another tax advisor?Best,
Ziad
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. I am a moderator for the site, not an Expert myself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Nicola, never mind. I will take care of this myself now.
Best,
Ziad