bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

My boyfriend was sending money account

Hello!
My boyfriend was sending money for my account for life during a year. And gave me 120£k over those money. Totally he gave me about 300£K during the year. But I have Russian passport and those time I wasn't resident. Now I'm resident. What do I have to do?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Absolutely nothing; gifts are outside the scope of UK taxation and in any event the UK does not have a Gifts Tax regime. If you have income which has not been taxed at source you must make an annual self assessment tax return at the end of each tax year. UK tax years run 6 April to the following 5 April. Most deposit takers deduct tax at the basic rate automatically. You will be entitled to a personal allowance of currently 10.6K to offset any tax due so you may be entitled to a refund annually. I do hope that you have found my reply of assistance.
Thank you for your support.