Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I have shares in a listed company in india. this would have

Customer Question

I have shares in a listed company in india. this would have high CGT component and low initial investment. I wish to use this to make an investment in a Holiday Letting Property in UK using the Business Investment relief. I understand I need to make an application to HMRC through a form I will need some professional help for the same. Also I and my wife but are Non Domiciled as of now. We arrived in the UK in 2000 and have been UK resident tax payers and British citizens. We understand the deemed domicile law will impact us from 2017April onwards.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please try to get a response from a tax consultant. If you are not in a position to respond in a reasonable time i.e. 2 days then I would like to have a refund of the monies paid through my credit card.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Sam replied 9 months ago.
Hi Is this company in India your company? Will it be sold/closed down once you withdraw/sell your shares. Have you declared this income to HMRC each year? If you wish to be treated as non domiciled, then although this will allow you to not declare unremitted income from abroad, you will incur a remittance charge due to the length of time you have lived in the UK. So please advsie what income you will have arising from countries other than the UK Thanks Sam