Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I am about to set myself up as a short-term freelancer

Hi, I am about to set myself up as a short-term freelancer whilst I find a permanent position. Would this present a problem in terms of taxing at the point when I switch from one to another?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for your question No, not at all, you will need to register as self employed with HMRC as clearly this freelance work with fall within this remit, and then when the permanent "employed" position starts just advise HMRC if the freelance work then ceases. Then with the employment - when it starts just advise them that you do not have a P45 and they can then get you to complete the appropriate starter forms Let me know if I can assist further ThanksSam