bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Please could someone advise me re the tax allowances

Please could someone advise me re the tax allowances for a married couple both pensioners one a non taxpayer and the other a taxpayer and how do we apply for any additional allowances.
Thank you in anticipation.
Dorothy Molyneux
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dorothy, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. The non tax payer can transfer 10% (GBP 1060) from their personal allowance to their spouse. The procedure is available from the Gov UK web site here: https://www.gov.uk/marriage-allowance Whether the process will continue automatically to the following tax year I would not like to comment. The various information sites are remarkably silent on this point, but I will probably know when my 16/17 tax code comes through, which I expect any day now! I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
Thank you for your support.