TonyTax
TonyTax, Tax Consultant
Experience:  Inc Tax, CGT, Corp Tax, IHT, VAT.
13905389

Good morning, I am in the process of asking

Hi good morning,
I am in the process of asking for a mortgage to buy a house so I am doing my books/self assessment bang on time after the fiscal year finishes in April. I don`t normally file until the deadline so this is new for me, so what my question is when will the first amount of tax be due for that year?
Any extra information required please ask.
***** *****
Expert:  TonyTax replied 1 year ago.
Hi. If you are referring to the 2015/16 tax year, payments on account would be payable on 31 January 2016 and 31 July 2016 depending on the size of the 2014/15 liability, with any balance of tax due for 2015/16 payable on 31 January 2017. It makes no difference whether you complete your tax return early or at the last minute which is not to be recommended. Take a look here for information on payments on account. I hope this helps but let me know if you have any further questions.