bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

Company Car Tax Question If I took out a car lease through

Company Car Tax Question
If I took out a car lease through the company I work for, but paid the full monthly lease amount directly from my salary, am I correct in thinking there will be no tax liability as there is no BIK?
Also, could the amount be taken from my gross salary, pre tax and NI?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. I agree that in this case no benefit in kind is created with this transaction, the company merely acting in a banking capacity. Be careful, however, that this is not classified as a salary sacrifice which would complicate the process. Taking it from your gross salary pre-tax and NI would be such a sacrifice and you would be taxed on the gross anyway. Just allow tax and NI to be applied to your gross and then repay the company by a deduction from your emoluments. I do hope that my reply has been helpful.
Thank you for your support.