Sam, Accountant
Experience:  26 HMRC expertise, PAYE, Self Assessment ,Residency, Rental Income, Capital Gains, CIS ask for Sam Tax
16196420

I was wondering whether or not I have to pay tax on the

Customer Question

Hi, I was wondering whether or not I have to pay tax on the money that I receive from my partner (we live together but are not married). Thank you. Eve
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello Eve, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with our question. The UK has no gifts tax regime and such matters are outside the scope of UK taxation. Please tell me if these sums are substantial and I can advise you further. Thank your lucky stars you don't live in France where gifts tax kicks in at 5K Euros!