bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

I'm a sole trader picture framer, less turn-over than VAT threshhold

I'm a sole trader picture framer, less turn-over than VAT threshhold so not registered. My pictures are to be displayed and sold from the showroom of a VAT regisered furniture maker. The sales will be through their till/card machine. I will be charged a % commission of sale price. Is the VAT on the commission or the full sales price?
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer, and pleased to be able to help you with your question. The VAT should be on your commission only as the furniture maker will be acting in a banking capacity for the balance of the transaction. I do hope that my reply has been of some assistance.
Thank you for your assistance.