bigduckontax, Accountant
Experience:  FCCA FCMA CGMA ACIS
75394688

What is the subsection OF 169 TCGA 1992 disposal of shares

what is the subsection OF 169 TCGA 1992 disposal of shares by a director
Expert:  bigduckontax replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Keith, one of the experts on Just Answer and pleased to be able to help you with your question. Could you be a trifle more specific, please and then I can try to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Entrepreneurs relief, fulltime working director of business trading Co. Revenue have asked client to confirm which subsection of 169 tcga 1992 the relief is claimed under.
Oh, I see what you are getting at. If you are going out of that business altogether you may be entitled to Entrepreneurs' Relief which is at a flat rate of 10% on any gain as opposed to the usual 18% or 28% depending on your income including the gain in the year of sale. HMRC are, as usual, being particularly stupid. The relevant sub section would appear to be s169(3) as 169(2) refers to unincorporated business enterprises. I do hope that my reply has been of assistance.
Thank you for your support.